HAL Heritage Centre & Aerospace Museum is one of its kinds in India which is established in the year 2001. This is located in HAL airport road, Bangalore and 10 KM away from Bangalore city railway station.
This is a very nice museum operated by Navaratna company HAL, a must visit place for elders and kids. The museum is located in a spacious greenery area in the midst of the city. There two types of display of aircrafts in the museum. One hall displays the photographs of aviation growth in India from 1940s.
Another hall, displays the aircraft’s models and fighter jets.
Various types of aircraft models are on display. For every aircraft model displayed in the museum, all specifications are detailed on hoardings placed near the model. Academically interested visitors can really get benefited from this museum visit.
One such aircrafts is Lakshya pilotless target aircraft.
There is a true motion simulator to accentuate the user experience by giving a very realistic feel of flying fighter jets and commercial aircrafts at minimal charge of Rs.100/-
The sustainability park located in the museum aims to educate visitors and students by displaying working models of solar systems, bio-gas plant and hybrid wind mills. There is display of a solar lamp with the explanation on how solar energy is used for lighting lamp. This is really useful for any common man to understand the basic uses of solar energy.
Apart from this, there are other such attractions as below:
- Herbal garden is located at one of the corners of the museum.
- Nice children’s play area is located in the middle of the museum.
- Cafeteria is available with some bakery food items and soft drinks. Hot noodles are also available there.
- Behind the cafeteria, there are tables made with stones are arranged under big trees which gives a very good experience to visitors.
- Souvenir shop is located just behind the cafeteria. One of the main attractions in the shop are model helicopter, vintage cars, vintage bikes and karnataka handicrafts.
- There is small fish pond in front of the cafeteria with many fishes. Kids enjoyed watching fishes in the pond.
- HAL airport is located on the opposite side of the museum. Visitors of the museum can watch army planes, fighter jets taking off/landing in the airport. It is a very thrilling experience to watch the fighter planes flying with huge sounds.
Travel tips to be followed
- Entrance fee for adult Rs.50/- and students till age 18yrs 30/-.
- Museum is allowed from 9AM to 5PM on all days.
- Food can be carried for kids with permission.
- Video cameras allowed with minimal charge.